You know the one I am talking about. He’s the guy in your office that the boss thinks is great but everyone who works with him thinks he’s a tool. Here are are the warning signs…
- Thinks that he is very smart and valuable. Reality does not agree.
- He uses every marketing cliche he has ever heard. All of them. Repeatedly. And incorrectly.
- He is very busy all day long.. but it’s mostly on Facebook or his personal email.
- Ideas the team came up with together are presented to the boss when he is alone with him.
- Plans for action that have already been decided on are sent out as “suggestions” in an email to the entire department.
- He name drops all the time.
- He always takes credit for everything good, but never takes any responsibility for anything bad.
- Really, really doesn’t know what he’s doing. Talks a good game though.
- Talks that good game all the time.
- A complete yes-man to the boss.
- Relies on other’s opinions in order to form any of his own.
- Won’t actually state an opinion until he hears what everyone else’s is, in case he is wrong.
- …what else can you come up with?
Don’t be that guy.